|Kate (kate_nepveu) wrote,|
@ 2012-02-07 12:54 pm UTC
So here are the first lines of the first ten songs from my 5-star playlist, set to shuffle, that are in English and don't contain the song name in the opening. Behind the cut, a poll:
Pick a first line:
1. This uneven situation, I don't need 'cause I take things on the chin. Smelling salts to ease sensation, a losing man who takes his shots to win.
2. They told me that I couldn't come back here again, took me for some kind of fool. Said I was doing things that never should be done, but I don't care about their rules.
3. I've been taking off and landing, but this airport's closed, and how much thicker this fog is gonna get, well God only knows.
4. Sit back, matter of fact, teasing, toying, turning, chatting, charming, hissing, playin' the crowd.
5. I broke free on a Saturday morning, I put the pedal to the floor. Headed north on Mills Avenue, and listened to the engine roar.
6. L.A. proved too much for the man, too much for the man. He couldn't make it, so he's leaving the life he's come to know.
7. I walk along the city streets you used to walk along with me, and every step I take reminds me of just how it used to be.
8. Song came and went, like the times that we spent, hiding out from the rain under the carnival tent.
9. Well I'm lost, I'm a frayed rope tying down a leaky boat to the roof of a car on the road in the dark and it's snowing.
10. We crossed the line, who pushed who over? It doesn't matter to you, it matters to me.
Liked the quote.
Liked the song.
I am inscrutable.
Care to identify any of the songs? (continue in comments if necessary)
I have a better set of responses for the ticky question that I will offer for the next time Kate is posting in a hurry ahead of a sleeping baby.