My post about The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is now up at Tor.com. SPOILERS for the movie and everything Tolkien.
Trailers (links to YouTube):
- The Host: this ought to be full of id-tastic possibilities, but the acting seems boring as fuck, even if it weren't Stephenie Meyer.
- The Lone Ranger: you have got. to. be. kidding.
- After Earth: Will Smith and son in a post-apocalyptic child-in-jeopardy story. I notice they don't mention M. Night Shyamalan as the director.
- Oblivion: another post-apocalyptic grimdark story, this time with Tom Cruise. No thank you.
- Man of Steel: didn't they just reboot Superman? I'm confused. Also bored.
- Star Trek Into Darkness: having not seen the first, all I can say is that the soundtrack of Inception has a lot to answer for. *horn blare* Also, look, more grimdark!
- Jack the Giant Slayer: look! something not grimdark! Unfortunately the title character is clearly trying to be Westley in The Princess Bride (he even calls himself a farmboy at one point). And the actor is so pudding-faced and bland that it's hard to believe he's the title character, let alone Westley. (It's worth watching the first thirty seconds just to hear Ian McKellen's voiceover, though.)