In a word: walking.
Note the upraised arms; this is obviously because we held his hands as he learned, but along with the smiles and laughs of delight, always remind me of the arms-up-yay emoticon: \o/ !
Also, SteelyKid has discovered the joys of hunt-and-peck typing on the keyboard (also knows the functions of the caps lock, delete, enter, and space bar keys, though she has an idiosyncratic approach to white space) and has started emailing her friends via their parents. Seriously. I wonder how soon she can learn touch-typing . . .
Very briefly because I should be in bed:
- Three teeth in one month (new total: five), more on their way.
- Puffs! Cheerios! Kix! Self-feeding is the best thing ever.
- Except raising and lowering a blanket on his own to play peek-a-boo and blowing raspberries on my arm. Deliberately causing people to laugh is the best thing ever. (ETA: also, the "hold my toy!" game has arrived.)
- Except pulling up on all the things, walking while holding onto the couch/chairs/grown-up's hands, pushing a walker, and climbing the stairs all the way to the top. Mobility—the true best thing ever.
(Except for his sister, who was the reason he went all the way up the stairs the first time.)
So basically everything is awesome except teething, the occasional head full of snot [*], and mild separation anxiety (as comes with mobility).
[*] As I said on FB recently:
Me: "All day today, I was thinking to myself, 'My children give me love, affection, delight . . . '"
Chad: "' . . . and disease.'"
Me: "Well, I was actually going to say sinus headaches, but yours is better."
Also, while talking about kids: a video of SteelyKid discovering her new playset, which I don't think I actually linked here.
The Pip was 8 months old on July 7. He has been super-busy in the last two-plus months.
( Read more... )
SteelyKid will be four on August 7. The changes are less rapid at this age but she did hit a milestone since last post.
( Read more... )
This is not doing her justice, but the Pip is pretty soundly asleep now so I should scoop him off my lap, post this, and then do some work. There are not many picture links since last time, since Chad's on a blogging hiatus:
- The Story of the Three Hippopotamuses (not a picture, a Chad-and-SteelyKid collaborative story)
- Kickin' Back (With Chicken) (SteelyKid enjoying the fair)
- Weekend Family Blogging (Chad and the kids)
And then some I posted to G+ today, because I just kept not uploading them to steelypips.org but most were in my email with a little "share" link next to them:
- The aforementioned Pip sitting up evidence (with guest appearance by SteelyKid)
- The two of them hanging out (with guest appearance by Appa)
- Various SteelyKid pictures
- The aforementioned Pip crawling evidence
- ETA: a fuzzy but cute picture of the Pip enjoying swinging
Go ahead and ask questions if you want, it'll prompt my memory, but as always, no unsolicited advice.
The Pip was six months old yesterday. ( vital stats and some feeding/weight angst )
( happier stuff )
Okay, you can tell I'm exhausted and strung out because I'm rambling. Teal deer: very active, happy, adorable and adoring child. Yay.
SteelyKid is now 3 3/4. ( much shorter notes )
G'night, everybody! (She likes Animaniacs, though sometimes runs away and then cautiously peeks back around the edge of the TV for loud moments, and obviously has no idea what's going on a lot of the time.)
The Pip was three months old on the 7th, and since all my available typing time (and more) is needed for con_or_bust, have an update in video form:
The only other thing I can think to add is that I am trying to greatly reduce dairy in my diet to see if that improves his digestion, which fills me with dread frankly but it's too early to see if it will do any good.